Sisterlocks™ = Total Hair Freedom
Pros & Cons of Biotin Vitamins
Pros of Taking Biotin
- Biotin is very easy to find and it’s also very inexpensive. You can get enough to last you for several months for close to the $5 mark. In comparison, other hair loss treatments can be quite pricey.
- It can help your hair to grow, particularly if you already have a biotin deficiency. People who are biotin deficient will notice the most dramatic changes but everyone should see some improvement over time.
- It provides energy to your cells which in turn helps to energize your body.
- It is very natural. In fact, it already occurs naturally in your body to some extent so even purists don’t have to worry about taking biotin.
- It can help build bone strength, which is something of particular interest to women approaching menopausal age.
- It doesn’t require much effort. You simply take a vitamin every day. Other hair loss treatments might require daily application.
- There aren’t any side effects when taken at normal doses. Although taking higher than normal doses (more than 5000 mcg biotin) isn’t recommended, it is not likely to cause significant harm in healthy people and it’s not easy to overdose on.
- It can also help your nails to grow longer and stronger. Moreover, it can help nourish brittle nails and prevent future breakage.
Cons of Taking Biotin
- Biotin can be so good at growing hair that you might find yourself with excess facial hair if you are already predisposed to having some amount of facial hair. This is not a reason to avoid it but something to keep in mind. Waxing and bleaching can help keep this problem under control.
- You may have to play around with dosages before you find a happy medium between taking an effective amount and not taking more than necessary. Always start with smaller doses and slowly increase the amount you take until you see the desired results.
- Although some people claim that it can help with weight loss, this has not been proven. Studies are still underway to determine if there is an actual connection between biotin and weight loss.
- It may take some time to see results. If it ends up not working as well as you’d like, you will have lost some time.
- It’s not a miracle product. It can make a difference for people losing their hair but it won’t turn a completely bald person into Rapunzel.